Medical Properties Trust, Inc. (NYSE:MPW) insider has recently participated in insider trading activity. Executive Vice President & CFO, AMNER R STEVEN sold 68,000 shares for $1,002,320 via one transaction Jun 14. Following the transaction, the insider now owns 952,558 shares in total, priced at $14040704.92 as of Wednesday. Another notable insider trading was done by the same insider on Apr 11. HAMNER R STEVEN Sold 155,000 shares at an average price of $13.18 for a total of $2,042,900. Moreover, KELLETT SHERRY A carried out a sale of 24,000 shares at $14.46 each on May 26. The transaction amounted to $347,040. Executive Vice President & COO McLean Emmett E sold 50,000 shares for $663,500 through one transaction Apr 11. Following this sale, this insider’s stake in the company comprises 759,252 shares, priced at $11191374.48 as of Wednesday.
The stock has experienced a total of 12 insider trades in the past three months. These trades include 6 sell activities and 6 buy trades. Furthermore, over the past 12 months, the stock was traded 14 times by insiders. In 7 of these trades, the insider was a seller while an employee of the company was the buyer in just 7 instances.
Medical Properties Trust, Inc. (MPW) on May 4, 2016 announced financial and operating results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2016.
“Our execution of our asset repositioning and deleveraging strategy has been nothing short of outstanding,” said Edward K. Aldag, Jr., MPT’s Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer. “It was only late last year that we initiated this plan, announcing that we had received strong interest from buyers in hospital investments with $900 million of value. Since then we have actually closed on dispositions, generating $550 million in net proceeds that we used to reduce debt. Along with replacing another $500 million in revolver borrowings with proceeds from our first quarter offering of long-term senior notes, this has positioned us among the better levered REITs in any sector, provided more than $1.1 billion of immediate revolver availability and contributed to a strong early 2016 performance. We have created for our shareholders a unique opportunity to invest in the best hospital real estate assets in our markets,” concluded Aldag.
FIRST QUARTER AND RECENT HIGHLIGHTS
- Normalized Funds from Operations (“FFO”) per diluted share was $0.35 in the first quarter, up 25% compared to $0.28 per share reported in the first quarter of 2015;
- Repaid $1.0 billion of revolver borrowings with $550 million in net proceeds from previously announced Capella dispositions and $500 million in proceeds from a previously announced offering of long-term senior notes;
- Reduced net debt to EBITDA ratio to 5.6 times, among the top third of all REITs;
- Completed construction of a 40-bed, 48,500 square foot rehabilitation hospital in Toledo, Ohio operated by Ernest Health for a total investment of approximately $19 million;
- Completed construction of five Adeptus First Choice ER (“Adeptus”) facilities in the first quarter at an aggregate cost of approximately $22.3 million and commenced rent; at end of first quarter, MPT was collecting rent from 40 Adeptus facilities with seven more under construction and six undergoing pre-construction diligence reviews.
Included in the financial tables accompanying this press release is information about the Company’s assets and liabilities, net income and reconciliations of net income to FFO and Adjusted Funds from Operations (“AFFO”), all on a basis comparable to 2015 results.