Established in 1968 by the undergraduate students of Case Western Reserve University, The Observer
is an award-winning newspaper with a circulation of 5000. As a weekly newspaper, The Observer
strives to represent the student body by providing coverage on the latest news happenings, concerts, entertainment reviews, and sporting events.
Our team consists of 18 senior staff members, selected the previous spring, and a variable number of staff reporters and columnists. Twelve senior staff members make up the editorial board, which meets once per week to critique the latest issue and discuss ideas for the upcoming issue.
Every Wednesday from noon until midnight, the staff works together to design and edit a newspaper. On Thursday, the completed edition is sent to the printer and new content is uploaded to the Observer
website. The Observer
in print form is distributed to various buildings on campus on Friday morning.
Phone: | Fax:
11111 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44106
- A conversation with Professor Jessica Green
- Nation's first research-oriented wind turbine constructed near Veale
- Thwing Study Over to provide students much-needed break this Sunday
- Transformation on horizon for KSL
- USG reflects upon accomplishments at last meeting of semester
- Grapplers drop match against rival John Carroll, fall to 0-2
- Spartans encounter cold spell late in second half, go 0-2 in JCU tournament
- Spartans place 18th at cross country NCAA championships
- Sports Shorts
- Women fall behind early, lose to Baldwin-Wallace
- Cleveland provides refugees, volunteers opportunities with Refugee Response program
- Editorial: Semester Grades
- There's no 'I' in team - but there is in 'Republican'
- What are you doing over winter break?
- A look back: best of 2010 entertainment
- Art history department says goodbye as distinguished professor Dr. Edward Olszewski retires
- Cleveland writer Susan Streeter Carpenter reads from counter-culture novel Riders on the Storm
- Magic of Mr. CWRU uses talent, gusto to benefit East Cleveland
- Our friend Kelvin
- The art of seduction, part II
- Two recent film releases: Harry Potter disappoints; Enter the Void intrigues